Since this article was originally published, lawmakers have called for a halt on the sale of baby loungers. Keep in mind, baby loungers are NEVER safe for sleep and your baby should be under constant supervision if using one. If you choose to forgo a baby lounger, a baby swing or bouncer is a good alternative.
I totally understand if you don’t want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a premium baby lounger. So, we have gathered some Dock A Tot alternatives that come at a more affordable price.
WHAT ARE BABY LOUNGERS USED FOR?
From lounging to tummy time, they provide a comfortable mattress surface that hugs the baby giving them a cocoon-like feeling. Many parents say newborn loungers are a game-changer, even for babies that insist on being held 24/7!
There are a variety of different ways to use a baby lounger.
- You can use it for tummy time! Using the bumpers to prop your baby up can help support them before they are comfortable with being flat on the floor.
- Diaper changes
- As a play mat with a toy arch
- As a lounger outside at the beach or a picnic at the park
- Monthly photo shoots to show how big your baby is getting
Keep in mind that baby loungers are not to be used unsupervised. Many parents buy a lounger as a place for their baby to sleep for naps or bedtime, but the AAP strongly advises against this due to the risk of rolling over or sliding off and suffocating.
TOP-RATED DOCK A TOT ALTERNATIVES
Below we are going to go over some budget-friendly Dock A Tot alternatives and you might just be surprised at how great these lesser-known baby loungers actually are!
FINN & EMMA OVAL NEST
This oval lounger is one of the most trendy boho-chic loungers we’ve seen! Made of organic cotton with macramé fringe—and a removable, machine-washable cover. It’s super soft and cozy, you’ll wish they made an adult size. It provides a safe and comfy spot for supervised relaxation or playing with a toy bar or baby gym.
Although this does come in at a higher price point than some of the other Dock A Tot alternatives, you are getting the most bang for your buck with elevated style and 100% organic cotton.
- Sizing: Finn & Emma Oval Lounger is made for babies from 0 to 9 months
- Price: Finn & Emma Oval Lounger is $149
- Construction: Cover and fringe are 100% Organic Cotton. Padding and inner tube are stuffed with all new materials 100% Polyester
MAMIBABY BABY LOUNGER
Mamibaby lounger is about as close as you can get to a Dock-A-Tot for about half the price. This one is wider, longer, the sides aren’t as tall, and the padding is more like memory foam. It has almost 9,000 4.5-star reviews on Amazon, parents are loving it!
- Sizing: Mamibaby lounger is made for babies from 0 to 12 months
- Price: Mamibaby lounger is $90.99
- Construction: 100% Cotton with polyester filling
Of course, we could not leave off the Snuggle Me. It is definitely the most commonly known Dock-A-Tot alternative. It’s shaped like a rectangular donut pillow that hugs babies more snuggly than the Dock-A-Tot. When the baby is lying on the pillow it gives a hugging sensation so the baby can feel cozy in it, just like in the mom’s womb.
- Sizing: Snuggle Me Infant Lounger for babies from 0 to 9 months, who are not crawling yet, and Snuggle Me Toddler Lounger for babies at least 9 months old (up to 3 years of age)
- Price: Snuggle Me is $109
- Construction: Snuggle Me lounger is made of 100% organic cotton and is filled with virgin polyester fiber that is hypoallergenic and safe for your baby. These materials are free from toxins or any chemical additives.
Click here to read our full review on the Snuggle Me vs Dock-A-Tot.
THOUGHTS ON DOCK-A-TOT ALTERNATIVES
From the trendy and adorable Finn & Emma Baby Lounger to the practical and affordable Mamibaby Lounger, you really cannot go wrong with any of these options. There is no doubt baby loungers are a useful item to have and these picks should give you some budget-friendly alternatives to consider!
About the Author
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use instead of a DockATot?
There are many Dock A Tot alternatives that can be used instead. The Snuggle Me or the Finn & Emma Oval Lounger are great options. You can also use a swing or a bouncer.
What is the best off brand DockATot?
Some off-brand Dock A Tot options are:
Finn & Emma Oval Lounger
You Might Also Like:
MONTI KIDS [THE ULTIMATE MONTESSORI TOY SUBSCRIPTION]
NUNA LEAF GROW BABY SEAT [AN AMAZING ROCKER THAT WILL ROCK YOUR BABY’S WORLD]
BEST CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT [10 AMAZING PICKS FOR 2022!]
Pin for Later- Budget Friendly Dock A Tot Alternatives