If you haven’t gotten around to it already, find a cute picture of the littlest member of your family and send out birth announcements.
From Anne at Sassy Baby Designs, here are a few tips for finding your “inner Anne Geddes” and getting a great announcement-worthy photo:
- Go to the craft store and buy a yard or two of black velvet. It is an easy and inexpensive backdrop – no sewing needed.
- Make sure the baby (and you) are rested, fed and watered. Everything goes smoothly with a happy baby and mommy. A sleeping baby is more patient than an awake baby and the photos are great.
- Dress your baby in neutral colors, but naked babies are always precious.
- Turn off the flash and place your baby by a window. Natural light makes for a beautiful photo.
Here are a few different options for showcasing the picture:
- To save money, we made our announcements using striped card stock and our printer.
- To save time, for baby #2, I’m hoping to order these announcements from Sassy Baby Designs when I can find a minute to do it.
- To split the difference, photo sites like Ofoto are somewhere in the middle for both ease and price.
The movie poster-style announcement above is available to order from 5starbaby.com with your baby’s picture and vital stats. Hella cute.